Lump Crab Meat Lettuce Cups
(Low-carb, grain-free, gluten-free)
- 6-8 oz lump crab meat (use real crab, not imitation!)
- 2-3 TBSP mayo
- 6 Boston lettuce leaves
- Avocado slices
- 3 slices cooked bacon
1. Gently break up lump crab meat with fork, leaving large lumps (don’t shred too finely) and mix with 2-3 TBSP mayo. Do not use too much mayo! You want to taste the flavor and texture of the crab, not just mayo soup. Add salt and pepper if you like and mix together–I didn’t add any.
2. Wash your lettuce leaves; pat dry.
3. Cook your bacon or use pre-cooked bacon like I did and warm it in the microwave. Pat grease with paper towel; Cut strips in half.
4. Slice your avocado slices; I prefer thin slices for this delicate lettuce wrap.
5. Place 1 bacon strip and avocado slices in lettuce leaf; place small scoop of crab meat salad atop bacon and avocado in lettuce leaves.
6. Dig in!
(via Munch This Lunch: 5-Ingredient Lump Crab Meat Lettuce Cups With Bacon and Avocado | Jenn’s Menu & Lifestyle Blog)